Selling RaDAR is a difficult thing!
There are so many similar activities like SOTA, Adventure radio, various QRP activities etc.
We need to sell the idea where RaDAR is different to everything else. I like to compare it to an obstacle course, a game.
The basic things are:
- All moving operators have to move after every five QSO’s for a required distance.
- We need to determine accurate positional information and communicate this and other basic information in an accurate manner.
- No 59 or 5NN useless info.
- We need to be self sustainable carrying water, food and protection from the elements.
- We communicate by using every means possible, from CW, to voice modes, to digital, to satellite communications.
- We need to be practised that we know what works best allowing us to make decisions quickly. Every deployment is a new puzzle to solve and lots of FUN!
- RaDAR is daring to be different.
- RaDAR is living a healthy lifestyle and incorporating amateur radio within our outdoor activities.
We can add to the list!